Arts Administration / Outreach Internship with ARI and CCT
Art Relief International and its parent organisation Cultural Canvas Thailand is looking for interns interested in deepening their understanding of arts outreach and expanding their own skills in workshop facilitation and arts administration / management. Interns will gain professional experience while becoming immersed in the vibrant culture of Chiang Mai’s contemporary arts scene.
Through this internship you will gain firsthand experience in international arts outreach and expand your own skills in workshop facilitation and arts administration / management of a small non-profit NGO in a developing country.
The intern’s time will be split between facilitating or assisting with workshops conducted by Art Relief International and undertaking administrative tasks for ARI or its umbrella organisation, Cultural Canvas Thailand. The only requirement is an enthusiasm for what we do and an appreciation of the arts as a tool for social change, however interns with marketing, communications, publicity or PR skills or experience are encouraged to apply. For more information on the types of workshops interns will facilitate, and the community organisations we work with, simply go to the ARI Volunteer section on this website.
- Assisting with the organisation’s marketing and communications including:
- Co-coordinating the organisation’s social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.)
- Contributing to the monthly E-Newsletter
- Coordinating promotional mail outs
- Assisting with fundraising campaigns
- Assisting with grant writing
- Assisting with volunteer orientation and management
- Assisting with ongoing and one-off promotional events and exhibitions
- Assisting with daily office tasks such as maintaining supplies, updating information and printing etc.
- Planning and facilitating art workshops including writing lesson plans and budgets, leading the workshops, conducting evaluations and writing blogs.
- Ensuring all elements of the workshop are prepared and ‘ready to go’ including purchasing supplies and printing materials etc.
Please make sure that you have read through Art Relief International's website to be sure this program is right for you. To read about past projects and past volunteer experiences, please read through the Art Relief Volunteer Blog.
Minimum Duration: 6 weeks - online application.